Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform you can use to build an online store. It allows you to sell both online with your own website and/or in person using a point-of-sale app. When using Shopify, it’s possible that you might want to share access with your marketing team. We’ll tell you how to!
Types of Access
There are two types of access you can give via Shopify. You can either give –
- Staff permissions: This allows individuals to manage your store with specific roles and tasks, including orders, products, customers, payments, billing, and shipping.
- Collaborator permissions: Designed for Shopify Partners, collaborators can access your store through their Partner Dashboard, providing unique advantages and easy removal of access.
We’ll cover how to grant access to collaborator permissions below, as this is the access that you are likely to have as a marketing agency or a freelancer.
Shopify Site Access – Collaborator Access
To request access to a client’s site, you will need a Shopify Partner Dashboard. If you don’t have one yet, you can easily set up an account here by entering a few personal details.
Once you have a Partner Dashboard, follow these steps to request access:
- Login to the Shopify Partner Dashboard
- Head to Stores
- Click Add store
4. You’ll be asked to Choose store type —> select Managed store
5. You will then see this screen, where you add the URL for the store you want access to:
6. If your client has set up a 4-digit collaborator code, you will need to enter it here (ask them for it)
7. You can also choose the permissions you want access to (click select all if you want all permissions)
8. You can include a personalised message and hit Save:
9. Your client will receive an email and a notification on their Shopify homepage to tell them you’ve requested access. They can modify the permissions you request.
We know all things Shopify and would be happy to help you boost sales! If you’re ready to take your e-commerce business to the next level, reach out to us for a customised marketing plan. Kickstart Digital is here to help – Call us today. 🙂